- RFP for Janitorial Services (29) (Adobe PDF) Detailed RFP for outsourcing janitorial services, including daily/weekly/monthly/annual tasks, equipment and supplies, prices, inspection, supervision, personnel, safety, security, training and more. (From Clinton Public School District, MS)
- RFP for Cleaning / Janitorial Services (104) (Adobe PDF) Detailed RFP for outsourcing cleaning/janitorial services, including quality assurance, equipment and supplies, schedules, task frequency and more. (From Ohio State University)
- Policy and Procedure for Hot Work Permitting (5) (Adobe PDF) Guidelines for controlling potential ignition hazards in “hot work” activities (e.g. welding) that produce sparks, heat or flame. (From Concordia University Chicago, IL)
- Standards for "Hot" Work in Educational Facilities (6) (Adobe PDF) Policy for safely performing “hot work” (including torches) in compliance with New York City fire codes. (From Army and Navy Academy, CA)
- Inventory Sample (268) (MS Excel) Sample spreadsheet for tracking inventory items by number, type, location and more. Includes quantity on hand, item unit and cost and more. (From Russellville School District, AR)
- Custodial Service Plan with Tasks (92) (Adobe PDF) Outlines custodial tasks and frequency for day custodians, night custodians, roving crews, summer deep cleaning, and partnering with students, teachers and staff. (From Escondido Union School District, CA)
- Hourly Custodial Pay Rates by Role and State (79) (Adobe PDF) Hourly pay rates for custodians by state, as well as by role (substitute, starting custodian, head custodian). (From Facility Masters Listserv members)
- Hourly Pay Rates for Maintenance, Custodial and Cooking Staff (124) (Adobe PDF) Outlines hourly pay rates for various maintenance staff, cooks and custodial shifts. (From a K12 district in Maine)
- Hourly Pay Rates for Maintenance and Custodial Staff (116) (Adobe PDF) Outlines hourly pay rates for various building manager, mechanic and custodial positions. (From a K12 district in Colorado)
- Hourly Pay Rates for Custodial and Maintenance Staff (113) (Adobe PDF) Outlines hourly pay rates for various maintenance staff and custodial shifts. (From a 4,000 student K12 district in Massachusetts)
- Specifications for Replacing Concrete Sidewalks (38) (Adobe PDF) Diagram detailing materials and structural how to’s for replacing concrete pavement.
- RFP Notice to Bidders - Advertisement Format (54) (Adobe PDF) Example, advertisement-style RFP notice to provide basic information and details to inform the public and vendors about a bid, including how to get additional information. (From Yuba City USD, CA)
- Facility Management Department Customer Satisfaction Survey (367) (Adobe PDF) A customer service survey that allows your internal customers to rate the work performed by your maintenance/grounds, custodial and special events set up teams. (From Plainfield School District 202, IL)
- Work Management Guidelines for Craftsmen (175) (Adobe PDF) Best practices and efficient processes for maintenance craftsmen managing work and work orders. (From Virginia Beach City Public Schools, VA)
- Work Management Guidelines for Supervisors (207) (Adobe PDF) Best practices and efficient procedures for supervisors who manage maintenance teams and work order processes.
- RFP for Playground Equipment and Installation (73) (Adobe PDF) Detailed request for proposal (RFP) for playground equipment and installation, including scope of work, compensation rate, affidavit, references, payment bond and more. (From Yuba City Unified School District, CA)
Floor Care Downloads:
- Floor Care Maintenance Schedule (28) (MS Excel) Sample schedule for floor care. Includes tasks to perform (mop, scrub, buff, vacuum, etc.) and frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.). (From YMCA of Delaware)
- RFP for Gym / Athletic Facility Flooring (56) (Adobe PDF) Bid spec outlining the contractor requirements to replace flooring in a sports and fitness center. (From Bellows Free Academy, VT)
- Wood Gym Floor Care (152) (Adobe PDF) Best practices for daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and long-term care of wooden gymnasium floors. (From Stalker Flooring Inc.)
- Synthetic Gym Floor Care (64) (Adobe PDF) Best practices for daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and long-term care of synthetic gymnasium floors. (From Stalker Flooring Inc.)
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Wood Gym Floor Finishes (63) (Adobe PDF) Pros and cons of various oil and water based finishes for wooden gymnasium floors. (From Stalker Flooring Inc.)
Planning Guide for Maintaining School Facilities
Download: Planning Guide for Maintaining School Facilities (367)
The Planning Guide has been developed to help readers better understand why and how to develop, implement, and evaluate a facilities maintenance plan. It focuses on school facility maintenance as a vital task in the responsible management of an education organization, the needs of an education audience, strategies and procedures for planning, implementing, and evaluating effective maintenance programs. The Planning Guide provides a process to be followed, rather than a canned set of “one size fits all” solutions and provides recommendations based on “best practices”, rather than mandates.
SchoolDude.com provides on-demand software solutions for work order processing, preventive maintenance scheduling, utility tracking, inventory management, capital planning, facility scheduling, critical alarm automation and networking with peers.
National Center for Education Statistics
U.S. Department of Education Institute of Education Sciences
The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) is the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education.
Watch “Tracking Stimulus and Other Elements in MaintenanceDirect” Webinar with Greg Schroeder of Warsaw Community Schools, IN and David Kornegay of SchoolDude
Watch “Effectively Presenting to Decision Makers” Webinar hosted by Roger Young with Ed Hamer of the Madeira School, VA
SchoolDude University 2008 Class: Measuring Your Facilities Operations
Download the Presentation
SchoolDude University 2008 Class: A Blueprint for Excellence: Quality Classrooms for Today’s Students…and Tomorrow’s
Download the Presentation