Communication and Leadership
- Interviewing 101 - Questions to Ask (8) (Adobe PDF) List of guideline questions for conducting an insightful interview, including questions on: general information, ability, motivation, problem solving, decision making, organization, time management, communication, interpersonal skills, teamwork, manageability, supervisory skills, leadership and more. (From SASBO)
- Interview Questions for Custodial Positions (17) (MS Excel) Detailed list of interview questions, including question explanations, for candidates for custodial positions. (From Turner USD 202, KS)
- Expert Tips for Improving Organization (23) (Adobe PDF) Best practices for expertly organizing everything from spaces to papers to help you find a place for everything and keep everything in its place. (From Organization Guru)
- Daily Employee Time Worksheet by Work Order (37) (Adobe PDF) Tracks daily work orders for an employee, including task description, time spent that day on the work order, and any personal vehicle mileage driven. (From Kelso School District, WA)
- Employee Performance Evaluation Form (57) (Adobe PDF) Employee performance evaluation and work appraisal form. (From Virginia Beach City Public Schools, VA)
- Custodial Evaluation Form (69) (Adobe PDF) Evaluate custodial employees on ability, work quality, time management, dependability, communication, need for direction, adaptability and more. (From North Reading Schools, MA)
- Custodian/Groundsman/Maintenance Evaluation Form (54) (Adobe PDF) Evaluate custodial, grounds and maintenance employees on job knowledge, ability, character, cooperation, personnel issues, and overall performance. (From Millbury Public Schools, MA)
- Custodial Evaluation Form (54) (MS Excel) Evaluate custodial employees based on quality and quantity of work, job knowledge, dependability, attitude, adaptability and more. (From Taunton Public Schools, MA)
This certification program was developed to build a knowledge base for Building and Grounds/Facilities leaders to provide safe and healthful educational facilities in the State of Wisconsin.
APPP — Leadership in Educational Facilities
At APPA, we have spent nearly 100 years applying our experience, focus, and the power of member collaboration to our driving purpose: Elevating facilities professionals into influential leaders in education. APPA seeks to create positive impact on three important levels:
- APPA transforms individual facilities professionals into higher performing managers and leaders, which…
- Helps transform member institutions into more inviting and supportive learning environments, which…
- Elevates the recognition and value of educational facilities and their direct impact on the recruitment and retention of students, faculty and staff.
Watch “Effectively Presenting to Decision Makers” Webinar hosted by Roger Young with Ed Hamer of the Madeira School, VA